The AVG Flying Tigers Jacket is proudly made according to US Navy specifications. A USN and USCG leather flight jacket, worn with pride by naval aviators since WWII. Along with their gold wings, the G-1 is among the most cherished possessions of any naval aviator and symbolizes their status as elite flyers. Now you can own a genuine Military Issue US Navy flight jacket G-1 with the beautiful leather Flying Tiger patches! US Wings® – The Professional Look. Made in the USA.
The American Volunteer Group (AVG), also known as “Flying Tigers”, were volunteer pilots from all branches of the US military who fought for China as civilians. As civilians, they were not issued uniforms or flight jackets, but were outfitted with G-1-type jackets and khakis by the Chinese government. Formed prior to America’s involvement in WWII and led by Claire Chennault. The exploits & successes of the Flying Tigers, usually against superior numbers, became legendary.
US Wings is an authorized vendor for US Government-issue items.
This is a special-order item. All sales are final. No returns or exchanges. Please be sure of your size before ordering. If you have sizing questions, please email us. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Our AVG Flying Tigers Jacket Features:
- 100% Italian goatskin leather
- Nylon lining
- Genuine mouton fur collar
- Bi-swing back and underarm gussets for freedom of movement
- Button-thru patch pockets with hidden pen pocket under left pocket flap
- Inside map pocket
- Brass zipper
- Knit cuffs and waistband
- Inside storm flap with USN perforation
- Leather AVG patch on the right chest
- A multi-piece leather CBI (China-Burma-India) patch on the left sleeve
- A multi-piece leather blood chit on the back
- Choice of leather AVG squadron patch for left chest:
- Adam & Eve (1st Pursuit Squadron)
- Panda Bears (2nd Pursuit Squadron)
- Hell’s Angels (3rd Pursuit Squadron)
- Color: Dark Brown
- Fit: Military (Trimmer in shoulders and torso. For a more normal size or if you have broad shoulders, order a size larger.)
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
About our Signature Series™ Line
From the world’s leading authority on aviation apparel comes this full line of quality leather flight jackets. Each jacket represents the finest of its type anywhere in the world. Hand-crafted in the USA. The quality and uniqueness of the Signature Series™ line sets it apart from the competition. Well known for it’s quality and outstanding value. This tradition continues with the US Wings Signature Series™ made in the USA line. If it carries the US Wings label, you know it’s the BEST!