The B-15 became standard issue to the USAAF after 1943, replacing the venerable A-2. After some initial objections to the change, pilots and aircrews eventually embraced the B-15 and recognized its virtues. It’s lighter in weight, while still being warm. The fur collar reduced neck chafing while scanning the skies for bogeys. Made in the USA.
Cockpit® USA Nylon B-15 Bomber Jacket features:
- Satin nylon outer shell
- Synthetic fur collar, blue on blue jacket and greenish/brown on green jacket
- Leather oxygen mask retention tabs
- Headset cord loops
- Two front slash hand warmer pockets
- Two inside map pockets
- Pen-pencil holder on left sleeve
- Inside wind flap
- Knit cuffs & waistband
- Fiberfil insulation
- Embroidered “Wing & Star” USAAF patch on the left sleeve
- Colors: Air Force Blue
- Fit: Normal
Protect your jacket with our new jacket care products.
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
There are no reviews yet.