The Purple Heart challenge coin honors the sacrifice made by the men and women who’ve earned this medal. The coin is antique finished then enameled & baked for lasting beauty & durability. The year 1782 is when General George Washington established the Badge of Military Merit, the forerunner to the Purple Heart medal. the year 1932 represents Washington’s 200th birthday and the year General Douglas MacArthur revived the Purple Heart medal.
In addition to the wounded, those who were KIA were also awarded the Purple Heart medal. But this coin is not just for those who earned the Purple Heart. It can also serve as a cherished keepsake for anyone who has lost a family member, friend or comrade-in-arms in combat and wishes to honor their memory & sacrifice. This coin is PX, BX, NEX & MCX approved. Made in the USA.
The Purple Heart Challenge Coin features:
- Front: Purple Heart medal and the dates 1782-1932
- Back: The back features the words “For Military Merit” and three spaces for optional engraving
- Comes with a round clear plastic protective case
- Additional $10 for engraving the back
- All engravings will be cross-checked with the Purple Heart online database. If we are unable to locate that information online, we will contact you for a copy of your DD-214.
- Diameter: Approx. 1.75″
- Thickness: .125″
Please allow an additional 10-14 days for shipping for engraved. Orders of 5 or more includes free standard shipping*.
*Use coupon code “CFS5” to access free shipping. Free shipping applies to standard shipping to USA addresses & APO/FPO addresses only; free shipping does not apply to international orders or to Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air shipping. When ordering 5 or more through our online shopping cart, a S&H fee will be added to your order but will be removed by our staff prior to charging.