The Cockpit® Stearman Vest is a descendant of the vests worn by the barnstorming stunt pilots of the 1920s and 1930s. Its inspiration came from a resourceful barnstormer who cut the worn-out sleeves off of his leather flight jacket and wound up with a sharp-looking and practical leather vest! The vest left the pilot’s arms unfettered and offered enough protection from the elements when barnstorming in an open cockpit bi-plane on warm summer days — while still providing the desired panache of a leather flight jacket! Considerably more refined than the improvised original and does not require the use of scissors. All the style of a leather “bomber” jacket and the ideal garment for temperate conditions. Made in the USA.
NOTE: Please allow an additional 7-10 business days for shipment.
The Cockpit® USA Stearman Vest features:
- 100% Antique Lambskin leather
- Nylon WWII “Escape Map” lining
- Two front zippered hand warmer pockets
- Zippered utility pocket with pen-pencil slots on the left chest
- An inside pocket
- Full front zipper under snap down storm flap
- Polyfil insulation
- Knit waistband
- Color: Brown
- Fit: Full cut (Slightly oversized. If you want a looser fit, order your normal size. If you want a normal fit, order a size smaller.)
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!