U.S. Military Nomex® CWU-45P Flight Jacket is the current, genuine government-issue USAF, USN and US ARMY flight jacket. The U.S. Military Nomex CWU-45P Flight Jacket is a winter weight jacket. Made in the USA.
Surplus: Jackets are sold as is.
U.S. Wings recently added to OTEXA’s Made in U.S.A. Database
The SURPLUS Nomex CWU-45P Flight Jacket features:
- Nomex® fire-resistant fabric
- Manufactured to US Military Specification MIL-J-83388E
- Berry Compliant
- Front zipper closure with storm flap
- Fully lined double-stitched patch pockets with hook and loop fastener tape closure
- Fastener tape patch
- Knit cuffs and waistband
- Optional: Add Top Gun Leather Patches
- Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (VX) 31 “Dust Devils” patch on the right chest
- Embossed leather Top Gun nameplate on the left chest
- USN Fighter Weapons School patch on the right sleeve
- US Flag above the utility pocket on the left sleeve
- Color: Sage Green
- Fit: Normal
These jackets are also from various military manufacturers.
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
The military had a problem with earlier nylon jackets. The material offered no protection against flames and melt onto the pilot during fires. They needed a flight jacket that was fire-retardant. In 1972, the need produced the CWU, Cold Weather Uniform, in two different weights. The 36/P, summer, and the 45/P, winter, flight jackets. Made of NOMEX fabric, a Dupont product known for its outstanding thermal, chemical & radiation resistance. The Nomex jacket is still being issued to USAF pilots today. Alpha began supplying the military with the CWU in 1995, and continued to do so for more than five years. Then produced a commercial version of the CWU-45/P for the civilian market in 1998 and a leather version in the late 1990s.