The CWU-45P Flight Jacket is perhaps the most popular flight jacket since the WWII A-2 jacket. More stylish, practical & versatile than the USAF MA-1 flight jacket it replaced. This flight jacket has been upgraded to “Top Gun” Status. We’re proud to offer an affordable USA-made CWU-45P to our customers. Our supply of this outstanding jacket is limited, so get ’em while you can! Made in the USA.
Please allow up to 14 additional business days for delivery.
U.S. Wings recently added to OTEXA’s Made in U.S.A. Database
The Top Gun Maverick CWU-45P Flight Jacket (US Made) features:
- Water repellent satin nylon outer shell
- Two fully-lined front cargo pockets with Velcro-closure flaps
- Quilted nylon lining with polyfil insulation for warmth
- Heavy-duty Mil-Spec zipper over a storm flap
- One inside pocket
- Top Gun Maverick Patches include:
- Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (VX) 31 “Dust Devils” patch on the right chest (Choose between our embroidered or exclusive Hand Painted Leather Patch)
- Embossed leather Top Gun nameplate on the left chest
- USN Fighter Weapons School patch on the right sleeve
- US Flag above the utility pocket on the left sleeve.
- Colors: Sage Green
- Fit: Normal
Our Hand Painted VX-31 Dust Devils Patch is hand painted here in the U.S. by world renowned Jim Harley.
This Patch can be purchased separately as well. CLICK HERE
Protect your jacket with our new jacket care products.
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
Earlier flight jackets were made from fabrics that were found to melt when a pilot was caught in a fire. As technology improved, there was a need for a fire-retardant jacket. This led to the rise of the CWU (Cold Weather Uniform) 36/P and 45/P made from Nomex. Nomex was created by Dupont and known for its excellent thermal, chemical, and radiation resistant. The military still issue Nomex jackets to Air Force pilots. Manufacturers created the Nylon version of the CWU45P for the commercial market.