We’ve given our popular CWU-45P the “Top Gun” treatment. Light weight, warmth, comfort, and modern good looks are hallmarks of this satin nylon flight jacket. Naval aviators and crew members wear the CWU (Cold Weather Uniform). The patches give this jacket that “Top Gun” look.
Custom Item: Please allow additional 7-10 days for shipment. Custom item.
The US Wings Top Gun CWU-45P jacket features:
- Water repellent nylon outer shell for maximum comfort and dryness
- Two layered quilted nylon/polyester interlinings
- Two large lined and double stitched Velcro-closure front pockets for secure carry
- Heavy-duty zipper over storm flap
- Knit cuffs and waistband
- Zippered combination utility/pencil pocket on left sleeve
- Chest plaque for Velcro-backed leather ID included
- 6 Top Gun patches
- Colors: Green & Black
- Fit: Normal
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
Earlier flight jackets were made from fabrics that were found to melt when a pilot was caught in a fire. As technology improved, there was a need for a fire-retardant jacket. This led to the rise of the CWU (Cold Weather Uniform) 36/P and 45/P made from Nomex. Nomex was created by Dupont and known for its excellent thermal, chemical, and radiation resistant. The military still issue Nomex jackets to Air Force pilots. Manufacturers created the Nylon version of the CWU45P for the commercial market.