The Valley Apparel N-3B Parka (Black) is a three-quarter length parka designed to be worn in sub-freezing conditions. The N-3B is ideal for camping, hiking, climbing, and all other cold weather outdoor activities. This is the best kind of jacket for the worst kind of weather! Temperature Rated to −60 °F (−51 °C). Made by Valley Apparel. US Made.
The Valley Apparel N-3B Parka (Black) features:
- 100% Military grade nylon outer shell
- 100% Nylon lining
- Polyester fiber interlining
- Hood lined w/ Synthetic mouton
- Hood trimmed with removable Synthetic coyote fur
- Adjustable hood with take-up strap
- Tunneled drawstrings on hood
- Elbow reinforcement patches
- Heavy-duty zipper with storm flap
- Knit cuffs inside sleeves
- Drawstring waist
- Two large cargo pockets
- Two hand warmer pockets
- Utility/pen pocket on the left sleeve
- Color: Black
- Fit: Normal
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
N-3B jackets were first produced, in the mid 1950s, for USAF air crews. The crews transported troops in extremely cold climates. Originally made with a nylon outer shell and a wool interlining. Manufacturers changed the interlining to polyester batting. The long, sage green jackets became known as the “Snorkel” parka. Today’s N-3B parkas have slant pockets at the chest, flap pockets lower on the coat, and a panel that fastens with loops across the zipper.