The Kids “FWS” MA-1 Jacket may be small in size, but it offers all the same features as an adult MA-1. It features authentic US Navy issued patches.
The kid’s MA-1 jacket is also available with no patches – Kid’s MA-1 Flight Jacket.
Custom Item: Please allow additional 10-14 days for shipment.
The Kids “FWS” MA-1 Jacket features:
- 100% Water repellent nylon outer shell
- Orange polyfil interlining
- 4 Snap-close pockets (2 outside, 2 inside)
- Zipper over storm flap
- Knit cuffs and waistband
- Utility/pencil pocket on left sleeve
- Authentic 5 “FWS” (Fighter Weapons School patches
- Colors: Green & Black
- Fit: Trim (Runs trim in shoulders and torso. We recommend to order a size larger for a more normal fit)
The MA-1 History
The MA-1 became the flight jacket of US Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew in the 1950s. It discarded attributes of its predecessor, the B-15, because of interference or change in equipment of pilots. The Indian Orange lining was added in 1960 to make the jacket reversible and give it high visibility. The popularity of the jacket allowed the MA-1 to be produced for the civilian population in the military green and black. The jacket has evolved, but is still the universal jacket in anyone’s wardrobe.
Alastair D. –
Just a quick note to say thank you. My son loves his jacket and it was worth the wait.