The CWU-45P Flight Jacket is a genuine government-issue USAF/USN flight jacket. Manufactured to US Military specification. It has a water repellent nylon outer shell for maximum comfort and dryness. The mid-weight jacket is suitable for mild or colder winter climates ranging 25 F to 40 F. With all the style and warmth you could want and has the features and durability of the original! Imported.
The CWU-45P Flight Jacket features:
- Water repellent nylon outer shell
- Quilted nylon / polyester interlinings
- Two large lined, double stitched Velcro closure front pockets
- Heavy duty zipper over storm flap
- Knit cuffs & waistband
- Storm flap
- One inside pocket
- Zippered combination utility/pencil pocket on left sleeve
- Chest plaque for Velcro backed leather ID (Not included)
- Colors: Green, Navy Blue & Black (Green XL in stock end of January)
- Fit: Normal
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
Earlier flight jackets were made from fabrics that were found to melt when a pilot was caught in a fire. As technology improved, there was a need for a fire-retardant jacket. This led to the rise of the CWU (Cold Weather Uniform) 36/P and 45/P made from Nomex. Nomex was created by Dupont and known for its excellent thermal, chemical, and radiation resistant. The military still issue Nomex jackets to Air Force pilots. Manufacturers created the Nylon version of the CWU45P for the commercial market.