The Kids Maverick MA-1 Jacket may be small in size, but it offers all the same features as an adult MA-1. It features authentic US Navy issued patches. This Jacket will make an excellent keeper for years to come. To this day US Wings® Inc is the only supplier of the Kids Maverick MA-1 Jacket with the authentic patches.
The kid’s MA-1 jacket is also available with no patches – Kid’s MA-1 Flight Jacket.
Custom Item: Please allow additional 7-10 days for shipment.
The Kids Maverick MA-1 Jacket features:
- 100% Water repellent nylon outer shell
- Orange polyfil interlining
- 4 Snap-close pockets (2 outside, 2 inside)
- Zipper over storm flap
- Knit cuffs and waistband
- Utility/pencil pocket on left sleeve
- Authentic 4 Fighter Weapons School patches
- The Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (VX) 31 “Dust Devils” patch on the right chest
- USN Top Gun Fighter Weapons School Patch on left chest
- The USN Fighter Weapons School Patch on the right sleeve
- The US Flag above the utility pocket on the left sleeve
- Color: Green
- Fit: Trim (Runs trim in shoulders and torso. We recommend to order a size larger for a more normal fit)
The MA-1 History
The MA-1 became the flight jacket of US Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew in the 1950s. It discarded attributes of its predecessor, the B-15, because of interference or change in equipment of pilots. The Indian Orange lining was added in 1960. It makes the jacket reversible and give it high visibility. Popularity of the jacket allowed it to be produced for the civilian population in the sage green and black. The jacket has evolved, but is still the universal jacket in anyone’s wardrobe.
There are no reviews yet.