The Maverick MA-1 Flight Jacket is for those who prefer the MA-1’s chic urban style but still want that “Top Gun” look. Introduced in the 1950s, it’s one of the USAF’s most iconic flight jackets. The first military flight jacket to make the leap into the civilian fashion scene. Whether for street wear or cockpit wear, our Top Gun MA-1 will be one of the most versatile and stylish jackets you can own!
The Maverick MA-1 Flight Jacket features:
- Military grade Nylon satin outer shell
- Water repellent
- Nylon flight lining
- 17 Authentic patches from the movie: Top Gun Maverick
- Pete Mitchell shield patch (2 1/2″)
- VF-1 squadron patch (4″)
- NAS Jacksonville base patch (5 1/4″)
- CV-34 Oriskany carrier patch (5″)
- CV-61 Centurion patch (3 1/4″)
- Vigilance patch (4 1/4″)
- USN Seabees patch (3 1/2″)
- Texas flag patch (3 3/4″ x 5″)
- US 7th fleet patch (4 1/2″)
- 3rd Marine amphib patch (4″)
- 3rd Marine wing patch (4″ wide)
- CVW-19/VF-194 Cruise patch (4″)
- DLG-32 Cruise patch (4 1/4″)
- Indian Ocean 85′-86′ Cruise Back patch (6″ x 4 1/2″)
- American Flag patch (2″ x 3.25″)
- Tom Cat patch (3.5″)
- Comcrudes-9 patch (5″ x 6″)
- Polyester batting interlining
- Front closure storm flap
- Knit collar, waistband and cuffs
- Zippered utility / pencil pocket on the left sleeve
- Double pull tab on heavy duty Mil-Spec zipper
- Reversible high visibility orange lining
- Color: Green
- Fit: Normal
Protect your jacket with our new jacket care products.
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
The MA-1 History
The MA-1 became the flight jacket of US Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew in the 1950s. It discarded the previous attributes of its predecessor, the B-15, because of interference or change in equipment of pilots. The Indian orange lining makes the jacket reversible and give it a high visibility. This will allow rescue personnel to see the pilot if a plane crashed. Popularity led to the production for the civilian population in the sage green and black. The jacket has evolved, but is still the universal jacket in anyone’s wardrobe.
There are no reviews yet.