Our Cape Buffalo “Maverick” G-1 Jackets are the ultimate version of this venerable flight jacket! These G-1s are accurate reproductions of the Maverick jackets seen in the movies, but we use our vintage Cape Buffalo G-1 to give them that authentic antique “100 Mission” look & feel of a G-1 from the 1950s and ’60s.
Our Cape Buffalo G-1 is one of the strongest & most durable jackets we manufacture, making it ideal for aviators, bikers, adventurers or anyone else who needs or appreciates an ultra-tough jacket that’s made from a truly unique leather. But it’s also very luxurious & refined: the antique brown cape buffalo leather has rich & varied graining and is wonderfully soft & supple.
The Cape Buffalo “Maverick” G-1 Jacket features:
- 100% Cape Buffalo leather
- Leather Thickness: 1.2 – 1.3 mm
- Drum Dyed
- Satin brown nylon lining
- 17 Authentic Movie patches
- Pete Mitchell shield patch (2 1/2″)
- VF-1 squadron patch (4″)
- NAS Jacksonville base patch (5 1/4″)
- CV-34 Oriskany carrier patch (5″)
- CV-61 Centurion patch (3 1/4″)
- Vigilance patch (4 1/4″)
- USN Seabees patch (3 1/2″)
- Texas flag patch (3 3/4″ x 5″)
- US 7th fleet patch (4 1/2″)
- 3rd Marine Amphib patch (4″)
- 3rd Marine wing patch (4″ wide)
- CVW-19/VF-194 Cruise patch (4″)
- DLG-32 Cruise patch (4 1/4″)
- Indian Ocean 85′-86′ Cruise Back patch (6″ x 4 1/2″)
- American Flag patch (2″ x 3.25″)
- Tom Cat patch (3.5″)
- Comcrudes-9 patch (5″ x 6″)
- Mouton collar – Gold
- Two front cargo pockets
- One inside pocket
- USN perforation through the inside wind flap
- Bi-swing back for freedom of movement
- Underarm gussets
- Throat latch
- 100% brown satin nylon lining
- Heavy duty brass zipper
- Knit cuffs & waistband
- Available in Regular and Long
- Color: Antique Brown
- Fit: Normal
Protect your jacket with our new jacket care products.
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
History of the G-1:
The “G-1” military flight jacket is the commonly accepted name for the fur-lined-collar World War II-era flight jacket. From the beginning, aviators chose leather for its warmth, durability, and good looks. Made famous by the AVG in China, and Hellcat pilots over the Pacific during WWII! A USN and USMC leather flight jacket, worn with pride by our Phantom crews during Vietnam. The G-1 remains a current issue jacket for officer and enlisted aviation personnel on flying status in the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Coast Guard. Worn by the daring men and women of the USCG that risk their lives daily to save others in harms way.
There are no reviews yet.