The shemagh (pronounced “she-mahg”) is the traditional desert head wear used to effectively protect your head & neck from the blazing sun. It’s also been used for decades by military forces operating in arid or jungle environments. In fact, the shemagh is officially issued to British and Australian soldiers for desert warfare. But you don’t have to be a soldier to appreciate this versatile piece of headgear. Protects against sun, blown dust & sand, bugs, and rain. Great for campers, hikers, fishermen, hunters and outdoorsman. You can soak the shemagh in water before wrapping it around your head and neck for extra cooling. It also provides warmth and protection from cold weather as well. You can wear in various combinations of the head, neck, mouth, and nose or be worn with goggles for full face coverage.
Our shemaghs are made where they are worn everyday. They are the genuine article and highly collectible. For instructions on how to wrap a shemagh, please do a web search for “shemagh”, you’ll find numerous videos demonstrating various methods.
Cleaning: Hand wash in cold water and air dry.
The Shemagh Tactical Scarf features:
- 100% Cotton
- Size: approx. 42″ x 41″
- Colors: Navy Blue, Green, Desert Tan, Night Camo, Black & White, Black, Red & Black, Black & Blue, Black & Green, Green – Stars & Stripes, Flag – Red, White & Blue, ACU Digital Camo, Urban Digital Camo, & Desert Digital Camo *
(* Some colors may be temporarily out of stock. Once available, they will be available to purchase)
Should I wear a face mask out in public?
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public, especially in places where it’s hard to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and another person. Cloth face masks are being recommended because we now know individuals with COVID-19 could have mild or no symptoms, while still spreading the virus to others. Wearing a cloth mask does not replace the need for physical distancing.
The cloth face coverings recommended by the CDC are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators, which should be reserved for healthcare workers and first responders.
Why should I wear a cloth mask?
- A cloth mask can help individuals cover a cough or sneeze; reducing the spread of germs.
- A cloth mask will not prevent you from breathing in respiratory droplets which carry a virus, like COVID-19.
- Some people with COVID-19 have mild to no symptoms, and may be spreading the virus unknowingly. Cloth masks could help cut down how far the virus spreads.
- Cloth masks can prevent you from touching your face, and can be a visual reminder to practice social distancing.