Our US Wings Cooper Original Antique Bison G-1 with Antique Collar is made from the finest bison leather available, which is antiqued to give it that subtle vintage look. The leather itself is truly outstanding: it’s incredibly tough & durable while still being wonderfully soft & supple, a true pleasure to wear!
The Cooper Original Antique Bison G-1 with Antique Collar features:
- 100% Antique Bison leather
- Two front button-flapped cargo pockets
- A bi-swing action back for freedom of movement
- Interior pocket
- “Wings of Gold” Navy Flyer’s Creed chit sewn into the jacket’s lining
- Heavy-duty antiqued brass zipper
- Knit cuffs & waistband
- Removable genuine vintage mouton fur collar (covering a standard leather collar) added for versatility which can easily be buttoned on or off depending on the weather conditions or the look you want to achieve
- Color: Antique Seal Brown
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
History of the G-1:
From the beginning, aviators chose leather for its warmth, durability, and good looks. Made famous by the AVG in China, and Hellcat pilots over the Pacific during WWII! The G-1 jacket is the USN and USCG leather flight jacket. Worn with pride by our Phantom crews during Vietnam. The G-1 remains a current issue jacket for officer and enlisted aviation personnel on flying status in the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Coast Guard.