Will be available June 15th
Lightweight summer CWU-36P available in July
Our “New” Cooper Original™ Top Gun Maverick CWU-45P is our recreation of the CWU jacket worn by the star of the upcoming Top Gun 2: Maverick movie. The CWU was first introduced in the early 1970s, eventually replacing the venerable MA-1, and is still in active duty with the USN, USMC, USAF & USCG today. Its two most iconic features are the two huge front cargo pockets with velcro-closure flaps and the rounded collar. Unlike the military-issue version, this CWU isn’t made from costly fire-resistant Nomex but is made from Military-grade flight satin nylon, making it far more affordable.
The Patches on this jacket are authentic military patches supplied to Paramount for the Top Gun Movie.
Patches customized when ordered. Please allow an addition 2 weeks for completion.
The Cooper Original™ Top Gun Maverick CWU-45P features:
- 100% Water repellent nylon outer shell
- Quilted nylon / polyester interlinings
- Two large lined, double stitched Velcro closure front pockets
- Heavy duty zipper over storm flap
- Knit cuffs & waistband
- Storm flap
- One inside pocket
- Zippered combination utility/pencil pocket on left sleeve
- Chest plaque for Velcro backed leather ID (Not included)
- Authentic patches as seen on the movie jacket. Patches include
- The Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (VX) 31 “Dust Devils” patch on the right chest (Choose between our embroidered or exclusive Hand Painted Leather Patch)
- Embossed leather Top Gun nameplate on the left chest
- The USN Fighter Weapons School patch on the right sleeve
- The US Flag above the utility pocket on the left sleeve
- Colors: Green
- Fit: Normal
Our Hand Painted VX-31 Dust Devils Patch is hand painted here in the U.S. by world renowned Jim Harley.
This Patch can be purchased seperately as well: CLICK HERE
These products are all natural and hand made in the USA. It will help preserve your new jacket or add years back to your old one. Exposure to the elements and regular wear will dry out and fade your jacket. Replenish your jacket now!
Earlier flight jackets were made from fabrics that were found to melt when a pilot was caught in a fire. As technology improved, there was a need for a fire-retardant jacket. This led to the rise of the CWU (Cold Weather Uniform) 36/P and 45/P made from Nomex. Created by Dupont and known for its excellent thermal, chemical, and radiation resistant. The military still issue Nomex jackets to Air Force pilots. Manufacturers created the Nylon version of the CWU45P for the commercial market.